What We Do
Dramatic Coffee Beans, Inc. is a youth development program for students in grades 6-12 that provide a safe environment to learn who they are, how to better themselves and how to help others.
Youth development can be defined as an intentional, prosocial approach that engages youth within their communities, schools, organizations, peer groups, and families. The engagement is in a manner that is productive and constructive; recognizes, utilizes, and enhances young people’s strengths; and promotes positive outcomes. Opportunities provided allow students to foster positive relationships and leadership skills through the use of team building activities. Led by trained adults, students participate in training sessions, seminars and workshops that address areas such as bullying, teen pregnancy prevention, HIV/AIDS education, career and financial development, self-esteem building and leadership training. Through these activities, students also learn valuable skills that will enhance personal development, increase abilities to be peer leaders, and help make good choices during challenging times.
Designed by Carla Angus, M.Ed, Owner of Transforming Minds, LLC, and Founder of Dramatic Coffee Beans, DCB incorporates the components of her leadership toolkit entitled G.E.A.R.S. G.E.A.R.S. stands for Generating an Effective Attitude to Reach Success to educate and empower its participants. Included in G.E.A.R.S are four essential life skills that drive home the organization’s mission and increases the possibility of success after high school graduation. For more information on G.E.A.R.S. email email@example.com or call 843-687-4493.
- Incorporate curriculum that enhances youth development
- Educate students on the social dilemmas teens face in today’s society such as bullying, teen pregnancy prevention, HIV/AIDS, and other issues they may encounter
- Conduct innovative workshops that help students in the areas of self-knowledge, social interactions, and physical and emotional health
- Implement community-based events that address social dilemmas teens may face in today’s society through the use of the performing arts
- Provide scholarships to graduating seniors who have maintained good academics, behavior and attendance, complete the application process, and have participated in DCB activities and programs